Wood Window Restoration Workshop with Sash Master Duffy Hoffman
What: JOYN-01 Workshop (4 days)
When: July 24-27, 2017; 8:00 am to 4:00 pm daily (lunch is included)
Where: Craftwork Training Center, 3145 State Road, Telford, PA 18969; 215-536-1776
Whether you're an owner, contractor, craftsman, architect, or someone who simply loves old windows, join us for a 4-day workshop to rehabilitate vintage wood windows. Instead of giving up on your old windows, practice hands-on restoration techniques with nationally recognized preservationist Duffy Hoffman and our own in-house specialist Adam Criscuolo.
- Take a wood window through the restoration process--from start to finish.
- Map and number windows prior to removal.
- Disassemble, stabilize, and reassemble window units.
- Repair or replace window chains or ropes.
- restore, splice, or replace deteriorated and missing members.
- Review paint-stripping materials and methods and routine maintenance.
- Use a duty-specific steam box to safely remove old paint and glaze.
- Reglaze windows and replace broken or damaged glass.
- Brush up on painting and refinishing tools, techniques, and materials.
- Incorporate lead-safe work practices (RRP certification included).
To ensure an exceptional learning experience, the class size is limited. Book Workshop JOYN-01 (July 24-27, 2017) online today at https://www.shoplimeworks.us/store/p499/JOYN-01 or call 215-536-1776 to register by phone.
Duffy Hoffman has served as a consultant, project manager, and master craftsman on many historic restoration projects and continues to teach preservation workshops across the country. He is the co-author of the book Window Preservation Standards and his articles have appeared in issues of Old House Journal. In 2013, Duffy received the Preservation Trades Network's prestigious Askins Achievement Award, named in honor of James Askins, founder of the national Parks Service Historic Preservation Training Center. Duffy owns and operates Hoffman Preservation and Restoration, Inc., located in Chicago, Louisville, and Harrisburg.
Craftwork Training Center teaches time-honored skills and fine craftsmanship using intensive hands-on training in preservation masonry and carpentry techniques. Our workshops enable students to repair, restore, and stabilize historic buildings and their components. We also emphasize construction principles, current and emerging industry standards, preservation practices, and sustainable materials. All of our workshops include lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on learning and are held on the beautiful campus shared by LimeWorks.us and Craftwork Training Center located at 3145 State Road, Telford, PA 18969.